Authors James Moore and Judi James of "The You Code: What Your Habits Say About You" claim that coffee choices go beyond taste. They say certain drinks appeal to certain personality types. I'm not convinced, but here's what they say:
• Espresso: You like nstant gratification, a quick hit. You are also cynical & sarcastic, even an aggressive cool hunter. You are moody and set high standards, aiming for the leadership position with little time for gossip.
• Black coffee: You are a no-frills minimalist. You prefer one-on-one contact.You are competitive, not to mention quiet and moody, although capable of occasional bouts of extroversion.
• Latte: You prefer safety and want to be liked. You are cutesy but conceivably stubborn inside. You avoid direct confrontation and delegates the dirty work. Latte lovers are also loyal family people. You enjoy comfortable surroundings and gabbing with trusted friends. Sex is more snuggly than extreme.
• Cappuccino: You are optimistic and an extrovert who appreciates style and nice stuff! You prefer to start things rather than see them through with all that dull detail work.
• Instant coffee: No frills, straightforward, cheery but in no hurry to get things done, which might come across as shallow. Highs and lows come easily; not so adventurous in career or sex, but ponders both.
• Decaf soymilk: More of an eco-worrier rather than an eco-warrior. For those who aren't allergic to cow's milk, the choice may indicate fussiness with a touch of sincere narcissism.
• Starbucks Frappuccino (and presumably other frothy whips): It's all about the foam and the froth. Trendchaser more than a trendsetter and, ouch, characterized as "flighty"
• Non-coffee drinker: The authors say someone who rejects the black brew is "frightened of life" and "a child". OUCH!